Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Elyn Hobby 1/100 Kshatriya first look (Unboxing)


 photo IMG_5725_zps3fd8c683.jpg

The long awaited 1/100 Kshatriya in plastic form by Elyn Hobby is finally here.

Unfortunately, as excited as I am for this baby, I will have to put this aside and work on my GBWC entry and the upcoming Jesta group build organized by Poison Monkeys. Anyway here are some pictures of what's inside this gigantic box.

The box art
 photo IMG_5741_zps6e712e3b.jpg




Some metal decals to go along with this kit.
Massive wing binders

Internal Skeleton








Decals for the Kshatriya 

 Check out the details of this wing binder. Just apply some panel lining on this guy and see the magic happen. There are some mold lines but just have to sand down a bit and it will be good to go.

The main inner frame comes prebuilt. 


As you can see, all beautiful things come at great cost. Just from the amount of parts, it is going to scare almost anybody off. But once assembled, you will end up with a really impressive model. I'm not too sure if Bandai will ever release a 1/100 or even an MG version of the Kshatriya. But even if they did, it won't be anything like this one. Quickly order yours before it's out of production!

Can't wait to get down to this monster! Till then, back to GBWC!

8 comments:

  1. When did you placed an order? My pre order was in Feb 2013. No advise on shipment from them yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same as you brother.. Who did u place your order with?

      Delete
  2. Hey is it possible to have close up pictures of the parts? I really want to see if the quality of the part's surface is comparable to Bandai's kit's.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sure thing.. I will try to do it ASAP. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. But basically if you are a modeler, the parts are actually really good. Lots of resin details which u can never find on a Bandai kit. If you are just intending to snap it together without doing anything to it.. then there might be a problem because there are some molding lines which needs to be sand down. other than that. I do not find any issue. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just got this recently and Elyn's quality control is bad.

    I can't put the head together because I have double left pieces so I can't even put the head together...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Goodness...! I heard the same thing about the quality control. Terrible terrible qc.. Where did you get yours from? I think you can do a 1 for 1 exchange with them. But I would have expected better for that price -.-

      Delete
    2. I got mine from gkgundamkit.com(won't buy from them again, they forgot my pre-order and i had to email them to remind them to ship it.)

      I'm trying to contact Elyn directly so they can mail me the missing parts in an envelope,

      I refuse to shipping that thing back as it costs about $80US

      Delete